The Making of: My 3D Artworks

"Geodesia" by La Shuks  find it HERE

One-off original: screen printed paper construction with photographic print. 70 x 70 cm 

"Atmospherica" by La Shuks     find it HERE

One-off original: screen printed paper construction with photographic print. 70 x 70 cm




I wanted to carry the La Shuks theme of distant future evolution, even further... with the elements of leftover human ephemera starting to evolve into entities of their own, growing upwards and outwards, staring to come up off the page itself...
So I set about creating 3D geometric paper constructions, to juxtapose with the stillness of the natural landscape in the image.

After designing the mountain landscape settings for the two artworks, I then screen printed papers of imagined "packaging, advertisements and logos" in many colour sets to use in my paper constructions.


I knew what I wanted to achieve in my head, but there was no way to pre-plan exactly how the work would end up looking! I had to wait to see how it developed...

...so the actual constructions just started to gradually form.



Even though the 3D structures developed in an unplanned and chaotic way... 



...I painstakingly chose each individual piece to add next, as it had to be the exact right colour, design and shape! 



Adding the finishing touches...

These two artworks are now exhibiting at the Affordable Art Fair Stockholm with Liberty Gallery from 1 - 4 October 2015
LINK


behind the scenes.... Offcuts!


Comments